Is your small business using social media to its fullest potential?
The following infographic illustrations why small businesses need to be taking a closer look at what social media can do for their business.
With social media becoming more and more integrated into the daily lives of modern consumers (a.k.a. your customers), it’s critically important small business owners use every tool available to stand out from the competition, engage your customers, and earn new business.
1. With more and more consumers on the go, mobile social media usage is on the rise.
- 3.48 billion users are active on social media
- 5.12 billion of global consumers are mobile phone users
- 70% of time spent on social media is on Facebook
2. Local businesses (your competitors) are investing more than ever in social media marketing.
Almost 90 percent of marketers say their social marketing efforts have increased exposure for their business, and 75 percent say they’ve increased traffic.
3. Using social selling tools can increase win rates and deal size by 5% and 35%, respectively.
According to a 2018 HubSpot study, sales teams using social media in their sales efforts saw notable increases in win rates and overall deal size.
4. For local retailers, social media inspires more consumers to buy.
According to a 2018 PwC study, consumers are more likely to be inspired to make a purchase using social media. 37% reported as being influenced to make a purchase by social media, compared to 14% by email and 6% by digital press and magazines.
5. More and more consumers are turning to social media for a customer service experience.
For 45% of consumers, social media is one of the first channels they go to in case they have any questions or issues.